Wednesday 20 January 2010

Had a bit of a break over Christmas and the New Year, but back designing and creating again now!
'The Cowhouse Gallery' in Perranuthnoe is now closed until Mothers Day in March, but you can still catch my stuff in the 'Drift Gallery' at Hayle or in 'Random' at Bude.
Meanwhile here are some pics of my first few attempts at wood turning on a lathe! Its addictive, so there will be more!

This fist dish was my very first attempt at turning! Made from oak I rounded over the rim and undercut the underneath of the rim as well. I use a gas blow torch on the beading to get the burnt/black look. I am really pleased with this 1st attempt!



This bowl is made from plywood with 3 decreasing widths of ovangkol (the dark wood) starting at the edge and working inwards.




This bowl is made from Utile. I left the rim square and made the actual bowl quite bulbous as something different.



There will be more! keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment